Thursday, January 5, 2017

Lunch Time Kettlebell Practice

I went to bed late and got up late. Working from home today. So since I was late all around this morning, I postponed my kettlebell practice until lunch time. I got the added benefit of the temperature being 44F instead of 34F as it was around 0900.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.
1 Superset of 6 reps Push-ups & Australian Pull-ups

Simple and Sinister
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs L, R
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs R, L
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups 2 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 2 x 1 x 35 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
Unlike my quick session yesterday, I did my full performance prep routine of: Original Strength Reset; Founder; Halo; Arm Bar. I also threw in one 6 rep superset of Push-ups/Australian Pull-ups which I hadn't done since 12/31/2016. Total prep time 20:30.

Kettlebell practice felt good. I deviated from my plan a bit. Instead of 4 sets of two hand swings, followed by 4 sets of one hand swings, concluded by 2 sets of two hand, I accidentally alternated between 2 sets of two hand and two sets of one hand until I completed 10 total sets and 100 reps. I did remember to increase the weight to 35 lbs for a couple of sets of get ups. Total kettlebell time 20:17.

I got in 9699 steps yesterday. If I had been paying attention I would have gotten in the additional 301 to make 10K. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.