Saturday, January 7, 2017

Snowy Day Kettlebells

It snowed last night. Our high temperature hovered right around 32F. Got up late. Messed around. Went to a Furman women's basketball game, they beat Western Carolina 73 -44. Once we got home it
was still sunny, if cold. Somehow my carport was dry so I layered up and went outside for my kettlebell practice.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 4 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 4 x 10 x 35 lbs L, R, L, R
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups 2 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 2 x 1 x 35 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
And yes, it was still 32F when I started training. I did my normal original strength reset followed by a "Founder", kettlebell halos & an arm bar. I would be lying if I said I wasn't cold! My fingers and toes were freezing. My legs, back, core, shoulders, etc. were nicely warmed up though. Warm up took 19:27. Oh, I didn't crawl in the snow but on the dry concrete of my carport. Slower than on grass but doable.

Not much to say about the swings and getups. The cold wind kept me moving quickly. No problems. Good form, good power. Finished up in 20:19. Man was I glad to get indoors! Yesterday I got 10,554 steps! I won't get anywhere near that today what with the snow and ice on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.