Thursday, January 19, 2017

Lack of Sleep Means No Training

It has been hellish at work the last few days, well actually after hours. Paged directly or engaged to help others who were on call. Since I didn't get my goal of 7 hours of sleep I didn't train the last two days. Got plenty of sleep last night so I trained today. Is it possible to train on little sleep, yes, but it's a case of diminishing returns. Afterall, I'm not a Navy Seal candidate at BUD/S Training, I don't have to perform at a high physical level while sleep deprived or in combat conditions.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.

6 Minute Abs
  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10

Simple and Sinister

Performance prep was as per usual with the exception of adding in the 6 minute abs routine. Nicely warmed up.  Total prep time was 25:20. Took off my sweats and completed my kettlebell training in just a tshirt and shorts.

OK, I let my impatience get the better of me. I intended to replicate the same weight, set and rep pattern as my last session three more times. But I felt so good today, and the last session was so easy I went on increased my sets of one hand swings from 6 to 8. I also increased sets of get ups with the 35 lb bell from 3 to 4. This was still easy. I'll stay here for a couple more workouts and then got to all sets of swings one handed and all sets of get ups at 35 lbs. I'll stick with that for a few sessions then start working in the 20kg (44lb) kettlebell. Total steps yesterday 9622.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.