Thursday, January 12, 2017

Warm Again

I stopped watching TV at 2200 hours and got under the covers. I was quickly asleep. However, my Fitbit Charge HR didn't recognize me as being asleep until after 0100! I'm sure I got more than hours of sleep as I didn't get up until about 0615. Therefore, I engaged in my kettlebell practice today after two days of skipping it due to lack of sleep.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 6 x 10 x 35 lbs R, L, R, L, R, L
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 3 x 1 x 35 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
It sure is a lot nicer to train outdoors when it's 50F rather than when it is in the 30s. It was warm enough that I had to take off my sweatshirt after completing swings and before starting getups as I was getting too hot. Anyway performance prep went well. I think I'll start doing arm bars with the 25lb kettlebell next week. Total prep time 20:21.

Swings felt good. I can really feel my glutes working more. Maybe they were asleep or at least napping? Hahaha! I usually start my one hand swings with my left hand as it is my non-dominant hand but today I switched that up. I also made that switch for get ups. 

The 35 pounder is beginning to feel light again even for 1 hand swings as well as get ups. I'm not going to rush and jump up to another weight yet. Next week I'll do my last sets of swings with one hand and the last set of get ups with the 35, too. Total kettlebell time 20:41.

I only got 7048 steps yesterday. However, that was the most steps I've gotten for days since Friday 01/06/2017. Maybe I can hit my goal of 9K today. BTW, despite a day of rain and the increasing warm temperatures check out the remaining pile of snow over my shoulder!


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.