Sunday, January 22, 2017

Exercise for Energy

I've been told that your exercise routine should make you feel energized and ready to face the day rather than leave you wondering if you can even walk up the steps into your house. Of course, sometimes you need to go all out but most of the time like the strong men of old it's better to leave a little in the tank. You should feel better when you're done than when you started. That's exactly what this combination of Original Strength with Kettlebell Simple and Sinister does for me.

It may seem strange to recommend training without days off when the goal is storing energy, but moderate daily training will keep the muscles’ fuel tanks topped off, while making tissues resistant to microtrauma and almost soreness-proof. It is the ticket to being always ready. Pavel Tsatsouline in Kettlebell Simple and Sinister

Even with that approach, I still made another sweat angel today. Hahaha!

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side 
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.

6 Minute Abs
  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10

Simple and Sinister

  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 10 x 10 x 35 lbs R, L, R, L, R, L, R, L, R, L
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 35 lbs per side
I didn't skim through the OS reset book as I mentioned yesterday so I did the same routine. Still felt good. I did tack on direct ab work today. Total prep time 24:32.

As planned all of my swings were the one hand version today. Also, did all my get ups with the same 35 lb kettlebell. Felt good, even easy. But just to be on the safe side I'll stay with this set, rep and weight scheme for a few days then start working in the 20kg (44lb) kettlebell. Total ketllebell time 19:59. I only got in 3987 steps yesterday, not good but it was raining nearly all day. BTW, my glutes and hamstrings have some significant soreness. Maybe I'm hinging at the hips even better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.