Sunday, January 8, 2017

Cold Afternoon Simple and Sinister

I got up late. Kinda' lazed around for a while. Then did some chores until time for the Pittsburgh Steelers vs Miami Dolphins NFL playoff game. Hooray! Steelers won. Once it was over I headed outside in the cold to get in my daily training.


Performance Preparation


Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 4 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 4 x 10 x 35 lbs L, R, L, R
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups 2 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 2 x 1 x 35 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
When I was rolling my left hip, the problem one, was giving me hurting almost locking up when initiating rolls with my legs. I almost called it quits. But I persevered and it felt better after rocking and crawling. Then my right shoulder pinged me a bit and I almost decided to quit again.  However I finished my performance prep and my shoulder didn't complain during the arm bars. Total prep time 19:42.

So, I decided to try swings and make a set by set decision on whether to proceed or not. Made through all sets of swings with no complaints. I decided to take the get ups set by set, too. They actually felt good. I'm ready to switch another two sets of swings to one hand and go up on weight for another set of get ups. Total kettlebell time 20:50. Only 6654 steps yesterday. Sure to be even fewer steps today. Look how my glasses fogged up in the cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.