Monday, January 2, 2017

Another Cool Damp Kettlebell Session

I got up early this morning, 0600, thanks to the silent buzzing alarm of my Fitbit Charge HR. More important than the alarm was the decision to get up when the alarm went off rather than stay in bed. Another factor is that I stopped watching TV around 2200 and was in bed reading listening to chill music before 2230. I got about 7.3 hours of sleep.

I did some chores, made coffee and read a lot this morning. We were also having a new mattress and box spring delivered so I didn't get started with my training until 1000. It was still cool and damp after another night of rain. Thankfully the carport was mostly dry and I don't have to work today. I'll have to move more quickly and get started sooner tomorrow.


Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 4 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 4 x 10 x 35 lbs L, R, L, R
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups 2 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 2 x 1 x 35 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
Same routine as yesterday. The Original Strength reset really makes me feel good. I think the combination of the kettlebell halo, arm bar and get ups are making right shoulder better. At least from the standpoint of it is getting easier to hold the 20 lb kettlebell in the arm bar already. Total prep time 17:30.

The swings and get ups were the same as yesterday. I think I'll keep things just as they are at least through Saturday at which point I'll decide whether to do more sets of one arm swings and whether to do a couple more heavier sets of get ups.  Total kettlebell time 20:50.

I only got in 6356 steps yesterday. It was rainy and I went to a party at a friend's house yesterday afternoon. Not excuses per se, just the facts. BTW, this makes thirteen straight days of S&S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.