Monday, January 23, 2017

Interrupted Evening Kettlebell Practice

I didn't train this morning as I didn't get up early enough. I wanted to make sure I got to work early enough to leave early enough to be home to take my son to lacrosse practice. As it turned out our internet got cut at work so I ended up coming home at midday anyway. So, after I dropped him off at practice I came home and got started training.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength
 Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
I had gotten about halfway through my performance prep when I got a text message from my son saying practice would end at 1900 instead of 1930. Great. I finished my prep at about 1840. Great again. This took 18:36.

So, I didn't leave to pick him up until 1850. So I decided to start my kettlebell practice with a modification. I decided to cut rest time between sets of swings from 45 to 15 seconds. This is the target for Simple and Sinister but I had not been working that fast. I made it through 8 sets before I had to take some extra rest time. Finished up the last two sets of swings. Ended up doing the swings in about 7 minutes instead of the targeted five. That means I had to stop and go pick up my son before doing get ups.

Got to the school at 1900 and they didn't come up from the field until 1910. Didn't get home until around 1920. Thought about skipping get ups but buckled down. I had cooled down by now, so I put my sweatshirt on to help warm back up. Did my sets of get ups. Felt okay. Finished in about 10.5 minutes. I got in 9627 steps yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.