Monday, January 9, 2017

35F Sweat Angel

Got up late again despite having gone to bed early. Worked from home. Didn't take lunch until late in the afternoon and therefore had late kettlebell session. And even after all that it was only 35F at 1547. Not sure if you can see it, but even as cold as it was I left a bit of a "sweat angel" on the floor starting with the round blotch right next to the kettlebell.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 6 x 10 x 35 lbs L, R, L, R, L, R
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 3 x 1 x 35 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
Nothing out of the ordinary during performance preparation. Neither my left hip nor my right shoulder bothered me today unlike yesterday. It is still no fun crawling on the concrete. My yard is still covered in snow and crawling through that would be even less fun. With some thick work gloves on the cold concrete still had my hands aching with the cold, but I did it all. My right shoulder is feeling more stable doing the arm bar with the 20 lb. kettlebell. Total prep time 17:34.

I increased the sets of one hand swings from 4 to 6. Felt pretty good. I'll be patient and stay at this level for another 6 days. I also increased sets of get ups at 35 lbs from 2 to 3. This was a little bit harder. I could feel my triceps working fairly hard to keep my arms locked out straight. Total kettlebell time 21:01. I only had 4611 steps yesterday, not many more today.

1 comment:

  1. Just before I wrote up this post I went outside and did a one arm clean and press with a 20kg, then a 24kg alternating arms. Just for fun. It was pretty easy. I think I'll try double kettlebell clean and press tomorrow just for fun.

    ReplyDelete

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.