Friday, January 27, 2017

Afternoon Simple and Sinister Before Security Meeting

We had a major upgrade at work for the primary SaaS product my team is responsible for. Other people did the work. I slept so I could handle any fallout that might have arisen this morning post upgrade. Thankfully there were no big problems. Once the morning had passed I got outside and got my training on.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength
 Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 25 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
Did my normal original strength reset. It's nice to crawl in warm, sun dried grass rather than cold, dew damp grass. Felt really good after that. Focused on the founder as I noted yesterday. Halo felt good. I can definitely feel a strength and stability differences between my left and and right arms, with the right arm being less strong and stable during arm bars. Total prep time 19:24.

On to the main kettlebell practice. I felt really good, nice and strong. After the first 6 sets of swings I decided to go up in weight from 35lbs to 44lbs for the final 4 sets. Felt pretty good. I had planned to wait a few more days before going up, but I just felt it today.

Turkish get ups felt strong, nice and easy. So, I decided to do the last 2 sets with the 44lb bell instead of the 35lb bell, too. This was a bit more challenging than the swings. I really had to focus and work to keep the arm holding the bell vertical. But obviously I'm regaining strength. Last July before I fell off regular training for three months I had been using the 44 and was working on integrating the 53lb bell in for get ups. I was also using the 53 pound bell for two hand swings. Total kettlebell time 20:56. Got in all my steps yesterday, 9310! Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.