Monday, January 16, 2017

Easy Simple and Sinister

I didn't do any training yesterday, not even an Original Strength reset. I got paged at 0430 by work colleagues. There was a problem they couldn't solve and it took us a few hours to get things stable. Then just as I was trying to go back to sleep and get a couple of hours I got paged again. I eventually did get over 7 hours of sleep but I just didn't feel up to training.

Stayed up late last night. Got up around 0730. Messed around until time to leave for 1015 my dental appointment. Once I got home, I bummed around a bit, meditated and then got started with my training.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.
1 Superset of 7 reps Push-ups & Australian Pull-ups

Simple and Sinister
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 6 x 10 x 35 lbs R, L, R, L, R, L
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 3 x 1 x 35 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
Nothing special about performance preparation. Finished it up in 21:15. Felt warm and ready to go. Warm enough to take off my sweatshirt after my first set of swings.

The swings feel light. The get ups feel light. It is very hard to be patient. I'm going to stick to my plan and go up slowly. I want to be consistent and not hurt myself or aggravate any old injuries. It was a lovely, sunny 75F yesterday, today it is a gray, cloudy 54F. Not a lot to say. Total kettlebell time 20:23.

I only got in 6412 steps yesterday but got in 10490 the day before!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.