Friday, January 6, 2017

Kettlebell Practice and 6 Minute Abs

It was quite chilly this morning. It was also cloudy and gray. The forecast is for much colder weather and snow tonight or tomorrow. We'll see. At any rate, I layered up and got outside for my training session.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.

6 Minute Abs

  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
Simple and Sinister
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 4 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 4 x 10 x 35 lbs L, R, L, R
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups 2 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 2 x 1 x 35 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
Performance prep pretty much as usual. I did tack on an "oldy but goody" Tim Ferriss' 6 minute abs for some direct ab work versus the more indirect work in both the warm up and Simple and Sinister. Total time of perf prep and abs was 23:27.

Remembered my plan for swings and get ups and executed it as planned. The 25 is feeling lighter and lighter for get ups. Getting more comfortable with one hand swings again. Total kettlebell time 19:44. Yesterday I got in 9599 steps, over my 9k step goal, and oh so close to 10k. And man are my glutes and hamstrings are still getting sore! The one hand swings are activating more muscles across my entire back. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.